What is Dry Oil (DO)?
Dry Oil (DO) is a premium hand-crafted beard oil, with a twist. Like all beard oils, Dry Oil provides the oils that hairs crave producing a healthy shine that makes beards and goatees look great. The product is called a “dry” oil because we add just enough beeswax to make the oil solid at room temperature. This makes it easy and quick to apply. Just shower, dry your hair and apply the oil directly from the can. In 15 seconds, your beard or goatee will look awesome (with no oily fingers!).
About the name:
The name is not an accident. Look at the bottom of the can when it arrives. It is hand stamped with the letters “DO.” This not only stands for “Dry Oil” but also reminds me to do the things I know I should do. Do not procrastinate. Do honorable things. Do things my dad would be proud of. As the ancient proverb goes, “do what is right and come what may.” Isn’t that a good thought to have in the morning? I think so…
What it does:
Dry Oil brings all of the benefits of a fine beard oil in less time and without a pump bottle. Because it is a solid, it helps ensure you apply the right amount. Though is has beeswax, it is not designed to add a lot of “hold.” Like all beard oils, it will make your beard or goatee look awesome, by restoring the oils it should have had all along. I use it from the sideburns area all the way down to my chin. It softens the hairs a little. For what it is worth, I use it as pre-shave oil / shaving cream substitute and aftershave (your mileage may vary) at the neckline and on my cheekbones where I cut a few stragglers. It should make your facial hair look better by adding a very light gloss, feel softer and keep your hairs healthy and strong.
How to apply:
- Option #1: Massage the Dry Oil directly into your beard or goatee while holding the bottom of the can in your hand.
- Option #2: You can also use the back of your index finger to scoop out a little, warm it in your hands then massage the Dry Oil onto your beard/goatee. A little soap and water to wash your hands and you are done!
- Note: However you apply the Dry Oil, I recommend staring off in the distance like your are contemplating world peace or solving complex mathematical equations in your head.
- You should only need to apply once, in the morning. You can touch up during the day but shouldn’t need to.
- The tins are large because they have lower wax content and more oils than moustache waxes
- I don’t carry it in my pocket. I suggest keeping the can in the bathroom next to your other manly stuff.
- Be careful storing this anywhere it may get too warm – it will melt and make a mess. So if you smelt iron, blow glass or work in politics the hot air may cause the can to become oily. So don’t carry it in your pocket!