Who we are:
CanYouHandlebar was born out of a love for the rituals of facial hair and a desire to become the sort of company we admire--a company who does both the little things and the big things right--since 2012 we've done just that.
We are proud of the feedback and growth we have seen in the past few years. We take it to mean that our hard work is being recognized and that the market can spot the real-deal amid all the noise.
Inspiration: We aim at virtues and decency, not trends and headlines
Ingredients: Our ingredients are spelled out clearly and are both natural and safe.
- Packaging: on durable oil-proof and water proof labels
- Innovation: We innovate with such products as the beard oil flasks which can be carried in a pocket, our beard oil brush for mess-free application and our guitar picks for portioning moustache wax.
- Retail: We use GS1 barcodes so that everything can be easily carried in a retail setting, making us a perfect partner for salons, barbers and lifestyle shops
- Customer Service: Our customer service is fast, good-natured and competent
Shipping Costs and Delivery
Exact shipping costs are calculated at checkout. Shipping Delivery Time: 2 - 5 days with the exception of overnight, which has at most one business day to process, though we try to ship those same day when feasible. Products are shipped via USPS. Order Handling Time: 1 - 2 days. A 6% tax will be added to Michigan orders. Overnight is not available on merchandise. All International sales will be sent priority, with tracking. CanYouHandlebar is responsible for products until products are received by carrier.
How did it get to the point where "Customer Service" means "the people you talk to when something went wrong?" It really shouldn't be that way. We will serve you whether or not you ever buy from us--and yes, of course if something should ever go wrong.
1. If we tell you we will do it, we will do it.
2. If we screw it up, we will admit it and make it right.
3. If you have a question, we will answer it.
4. If you have a comment, we will read it.
5. If it is broke, we will fix it.
6. If it is not broke, we will make it better.
7. If there is a comma, we will splice it.
What is it made from?
You will find that many beard oil and moustache wax companies consider their ingredients proprietary. This never made me feel comfortable since I know how often my moustache ends up in my mouth. You have the right to know and so I list my ingredients right here and on every product. Each product has its own blend of the following ingredients.
- local wax (from Michigan bees)
- USP grade lanolin (the good stuff)
- grapeseed oil
- olive oil
- castor oil
- shea butter
- vitamin E
- high grade essential oils
What do they smell like?
About Wisdom (woodsy)
This oil is built around the warm scent of fresh cut spruce and cedar with a hint of citrus. It is warm and fresh but definitively masculine. It will remind you of sitting by a fire with a cup of coffee and letting your mind wander.
About Initiative (citrus)
This is a beard oil that inspires us to put in the hard work and the hours to build something worth having. This is a more brisk scent and is made from a stack of varying citrus tones; a mature take on citrus. It was important to include the freshness of lime, bergamot and lemon without creating something cloying. We think we nailed it.
About Devotion (patchouli and floral)
With Devotion, we combined patchouli and cognac essential oils to create a rugged floral scent. Devotion answers the question “can a floral scent still be masculine?” with a resounding “yes!”. Patchouli and floral scents can be polarizing, but we combined them in a way that brings out the best in both, to bring out the best in your beard.
About Temperance (unscented)
This unscented beard oil is built to provide health and shine to your beard without adding any additional scent. This makes Temperance Beard Oil a perfect beard oil for those that hunt, those with allergies (or are around those with allergies), those that don't want their beard oil to compete with their cologne, or anyone else that for whatever reason simply wants a craft made beard oil without a scent. The virtue of Temperance is knowing when less is more.